Senior Persons Living Connected understands that different people have varying needs and that people with disabilities can require and deserve extra support. This means we make adjustments to ensure our services and environment are accessible, flexible and person-centred. Everyone here belongs!
Through updated policies and training for staff and volunteers, Senior Persons Living Connected became compliant with the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) in January, 2012.
Senior Persons Living Connected will ensure that
- Trained and knowledgeable staff and volunteers provide information and services to people with disabilities
- Service is timely, courteous, fair, efficient and offered with respect for needs, privacy and convenience for people with disabilities
- Information regarding planned and unplanned disruptions in services usually used by persons with disabilities is posted both on the premises and on our website, as well as provided verbally by staff
- Information and documents are available upon request in multiple formats and methods of communication to accommodate the diverse needs and preferences of persons with disabilities
If you would like more information about how we can support you or a loved with your accessibility needs, please contact our Accessibility Coordinator in one of the following ways:
- By Mail:
Senior Persons Living Connected
3333 Finch Avenue East
Scarborough, ON, M1W 2R9
- By email: email@example.com
- By Phone: 416 493-3333
- By filling out our online feedback form
Service Disruptions At SPLC
Senior Persons Living Connected is committed to ensuring our clients and anyone who visits our Centre are aware of any service disruptions which may present challenges to accessibility. Clients will be informed about all known disruptions by information posted on our website (see the column to your right) as well as verbal and written notifications at our Centre. We want to make your experience a good one!