Health and well-being of older adults pose many challenges including substance use.
With our Addiction Support Program (ASP), we serve older adults in Scarborough with issues surrounding substance use and behavioural addictions, such as gambling.
Our Addiction Support program is currently offering small group outdoor meetings once or twice weekly.
6-10% of older adults have problems with alcohol abuse (Seeking Solutions, 2004).
What is ASP?
The Addiction Supportive Program is designed for clients who live in Scarborough with a history of addiction concerns to have access to Case Management Services.
Our Care Manager seeks to help clients navigate community services and assist them to reach goals surrounding their substance or gambling concerns.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
In order to be eligible for ASP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 55+
- Resident of Scarborough
- History of substance use and / or behavioural addictions
- Must be willing to work on a recovery plan with a Care Manager
What do I receive?
- Access to an Intensive Addictions Care Manager
- Comprehensive and ongoing treatment plans
- Referrals to appropriate treatment services
- Independent living skills, training, and support
- Access to social and recreational activities
- Individualized assessments
- Access to Geriatric Psychiatrist
To refer a client to one of our Addiction and Mental Health Services, please submit an application through the Access Point at www.theaccesspoint.ca or call SPLC’s Intake Department at (416) 493-3333