Daily living tasks can become more difficult as we age, and having extra help with personal care like dressing and medication reminders can make all the difference. SPLC’s Assisted Living Service helps older adults live comfortably at home with a Personalized Service Plan that is based on an assessment of your abilities and needs.
This service is fully funded, and there is no fee. You can expect friendly, reliable and professional Personal Support Workers who receive ongoing training to ensure safe and quality services. Please contact us to inquire about this beneficial service.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
SPLC’s Assisted Living Service is available to people who live at St. Paul’s L’Amoreaux Centre, 3333 Finch Avenue East, and at Wishing Well Manor, 2008 Pharmacy Avenue. If you live in one of these two seniors’ housing buildings and need help at home, one of our qualified team members will talk with you to assess your needs and determine eligibility. If you are not eligible for this service, we will refer you to another appropriate support service.
Who can make the referral?
Community professions, SPLC staff, family members, friends or the tenant who requests this service can make the referral.
What supports are available?
Depending on your unique needs and Personalized Service Plan, our team may assist you with any of the following:
- Bathing assistance
- Medication reminding
- Toileting/continence care
- Meal preparation
- Check food expirations
- Light home making
- Safety checks
- Supervised exercise
- Escort (within building)
- Our team can provide service in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
SPLC is following guidance and recommendations from Ontario Public Health to ensure consistent safety measures are in place.
Staff are expected to:
- Complete on-line screening before entering the workplace each day
- Conduct verbal screening to their client before service starts
- If the client can tolerate to wear a mask, staff will remind clients to wear mask for service
- Wear mask, face shield / eye protection, gloves and gown if needed for staff to provide close contact service
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to provide services to clients who are under self-isolation or positive for COVID-19
- Report/ observe if a client has unusual symptoms
- Maintain 2 metres physical distance
To inquire about eligibility or make referral, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone416-493-3333 ext 806